Assure your work environment is in compliance with international health and safety standard
ISO 45001 – International Occupational Health & Safety Management System Standard
ISO 45001, the world’s most anticipated standards for workplace health and safety systems was published on 12 March 2018. ISO 45001 is new Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard, it is aligned with ISO 9001 (Quality Management) and ISO 14001 (Environment Management) and designed to replace OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801.
Over 7 600 people die each day from work-related accidents or diseases – that’s over 2.78 million every year! Workplace safety is an important aspect for organisations in the world. Many Countries around the world have stringent standards for many areas of business, including import and export. Why not have an International Standard for Health and Safety?
Organisations strive to ensure their workplace and personnel are safe. We now have the capacity to achieve this on a united front with the introduction of ISO 45001. No matter where we are in the world, we now have an International Standard that can allow organisations to adopt one process that will cover many countries.
When an organisation implements ISO 45001, they will align their process to other standards that have been implemented.
ISO 45001 has been designed to ensure top management and personnel at all levels to actively participate in OH&S. This will ensure a safer workplace and increase business credentials.
Benefits of ISO 45001
- Establish a focus on legal compliance,
- Reduce injury and therefore reduce the cost to the individual and the organisation,
- Reduce injury and therefore reduce the mental burden of injury to individual, organisation and the community,
- Increase operations due to decreased lost time injuries,
- Reduce insurance premiums do to a reduction in injuries,
- Benchmark against an International Standard