ISO 9001 Quality Management System
ISO 9001 is a standard that sets out the requirements for a quality management system. The standard is designed as a framework to help guide an organisation towards continual improvement and an increase in customer satisfaction.
About ISO 9001 Quality Management System
This standard is designed to provide an international baseline for quality management, which can be used by companies around the world, regardless of their industry or organisational size. ISO 9001 has become the most widely used and implemented quality management system in the world.
ISO 9001 Principles
- QMP 1 – Customer focus
- QMP 2 – Leadership
- QMP 3 – Engagement of people
- QMP 4 – Process approach
- QMP 5 – Improvement
- QMP 6 – Evidence-based decision making
- QMP 7 – Relationship management
Fill out the form below to find out more
Focus of ISO 9001
- Documentation, planning, and processes that support your Quality Management System
- Your organisation’s leadership and their responsibilities
- Work environment and resource management
- How a product moves from idea to delivery
- Quality Management System analysis with Corrective and predictive actions taken and Regular audits and reviews
Benefits of ISO 9001 Certification
- Sustainable quality assurance
- Increases satisfaction among customers and employees
- Attracts investment, enhances brand reputation and removes barriers to trade
- Provides an advantage over competitors who are not certified
- Improves profitability through process improvement and a higher return on assets
- Increases customer confidence and international acceptance
- Improves business performance and manages business risk
- Streamlines operations and reduces waste and increases business savings
- Encourages internal communication and raises morale
- Reduces new employee on-boarding time and ensures staff competencies
Certification involves GCC assessing your organisation in order to ascertain that management systems meet the requirements of one or more recognised standards. Becoming certified to a nationally or internationally recognised standard is of great benefit to an organization. It improves overall performance, builds confidence within stakeholder groups and broadens the scope of new opportunity.
- Application for certification by client
- GCC will review and provide certification proposal
- Client accepts the agreement and return to GCC
- Audit dates will be booked
- GCC conducts Gap Analysis (optional)
Certification Audit/ Transfer
- Stage 1 Audit, The Audit team will assess documentation and readiness of management system for Stage 2 Audit
- Stage 2, Certification Audit, Audit team will assess implementation of system and will verify any issues outstanding from the Stage 1 Audit.
- Organisation will be recommended for Certification after review and positive decision by the independent GCC certification Authority,
- A Certificate will be issued
Each issued certificate has a three-year life period. Upon certification, an audit program will be created for regular audits over the three-year period. These audits confirm company’s on-going compliance with specified requirements of the standard. At least one surveillance audit per year is required.
The certification expires within 3 years and a re-certification Audit will be conducted prior to the expiry date to ensure that Management System is maintained.