In order to deliver consistent and compatible management system standards in the future, International Organisation for Standardiation (ISO) has produced a new international standard based on the common framework for all management systems, known as High Level Structure (HLS). The new standard, ISO 45001, will be a replacement of the existing occupational Health and Safety Management System Standards such as OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801 as well as the International Labour Organization’s ILO-OSH Guidelines. This standard will be published in 2016 with a common structure with ISO 9001 quality management system standard and ISO 14001 environmental management system standard which were published in September 2016.
Similar to other management systems, development and approval process includes Working Draft (WD), Committee Draft (CD), Draft International Standard (DIS), Final Draft (FDIS) followed by publication of the Standard. Regarding the current status, the DIS will be published by February 2016. Considering experience with the previous management system standards, the FDIS is expected to be published in the summer and the standard is expected to be published in Q4, 2016.
Based on the Committee Draft (CD), the structure of the standard will be:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organisation
- Performance evaluation
Benefit of ISO 45001 Certification
- Implementing a risk-based management system to identify the OHS hazards and eliminate the risks in a systemic manner
- Evaluate and Improve the OHS performance through taking appropriate actions,
- Be compliance with regulatory compliance and improve ability to respond to the compliance issues
- Promote organisation’s reputation as a safe place to work
- Manage any OHS incident at workplace and reduce the number of them through a systemic process
- Increase employee’s satisfaction and consequently improve productivity
How GCC can help you
Global Compliance Certification (GCC) will assist you in:
- Conducting gap assessment as a standalone audit or integrated with other management system audits
- Training your team through our public or in-house training courses
-Learn more about ISO 45001 here: About ISO 45001
-Occupational Health and Safety – ISO 45001 Training courses
-Request a quote for certification.