Why Is ISO 9001 Certification Important?
Today, the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) is the premier developer of globally recognised voluntary standards. An organisation with ISO accreditation ensures best practices for their given industry. In the world of quality management and assurance, ISO 9001 is the official standard. Quality Management Systems (QMS) can benefit from regular professional auditing to future proof a business’s effective operations.
So, how hard is it to get ISO 9001 certification? With GCC, it’s simply a matter of following certain guidelines and committing to ensuring quality in all aspects of your business.
How to apply for ISO 9001 certification
If you’re wondering how to get ISO 9001 accreditation, GCC has a four-step process that can help you understand just how convenient and efficient it is to achieve and maintain the current ISO 9001 standard.
- Application — The application process is quick and simple. All it takes is for you to request a quote from us to begin. GCC will start the reviewing process to provide a proposal to clearly outline the strategy going forward. Once your organisation accepts the contract, the auditing dates can be booked and you can request a Gap Analysis upon request prior to the date.
- Certification audit — The auditing process is done in three stages. First, the team will assess your existing management system documentation. Then they will test these systems and finally recommend ways in which they can be improved. Proper implementation will result in proper ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Maintenance — ISO 9001 is a relevant certification, so regular maintenance is essential to stay relevant in today’s business climate. Certification lasts for three years, so it is best to have an audit done every year for complete adherence to the current ISO 9001 standards.
- Re-certification — You have to renew your ISO 9001, meaning that it’s best to get accreditation from a supplier that does regular auditing and re-certification. GCC will conduct the accreditation process again before the three-year expiration date to ensure continual adherence to internationally recognised standards.
That’s why ISO 9001 is essential for your business. It is placed in such high regard because it can foster and grow your organisation’s reputation and productivity.
Benefits of the current ISO 9001 standard
ISO certification is more than just a piece of paper. True ISO qualifications demonstrate that a business has been professionally and officially audited and proven its professional capabilities to an acceptable degree. An organisation that has achieved ISO 9001 certification is given a roadmap for a clear path for continued and sustained quality assurance. This is a major advantage over businesses that have not done the same.
ISO 9001 certification isn’t just about staying ahead of the curve; it’s about getting the most out of your organisation. With GCC, you’ll be able to amplify and maximise several important aspects of your day to day operations:
- Relevant and regularly updated quality assurance — Industries are constantly evolving and demanding more of companies when it comes to implementing effective quality management systems.
- Increased productivity and satisfaction in customer/employee interactions — Proper training and auditing can streamline certain processes to identify, analyse, and solve certain industry pain points. This can simplify the interactions between employees and customers, creating an environment that is conducive to productivity and friendliness. This is invaluable to your company, customers, employers, and investors.
- Big draw for investors — Investors want to know that their money is well-spent. By investing in a professionally and internationally recognised qualified company, they can rest assured that their investment will yield returns, creating further opportunities for either continued investment or even bringing new investors on board.
- Competitive advantage — ISO 9001 certification is the industry standard. Any business that does not bother to quantify and maximise its quality management systems will fall behind.
- Return on investment — Investing in proper qualifications is essential to running a smoother and more efficient operation. Properly training all levels of employees — from entry-level to management — will amply evidence-based decision making and improve relationship management.
- Assures customers of quality — Customers want assurances. That’s why when they see that a company has proper ISO 9001 certification, they can be assured of that company’s ability to deliver on their promises. Quality assurance is one of the most important draws for a customer, so it’s important to showcase that clearly.
- Internationally recognised — Achieving ISO 9001 certification from reputable suppliers such as GCC means that your company can clearly showcase integrity and excellence as a business, no matter which country you operate in. This will make international deals and partnerships much easier to secure.
- Business risk management — Planning and monitoring of business operations and expenses are crucial in any industry. With ISO 9001, your company will have a clear grasp on how best to analyse and target business risk pain points. This is an investment that futureproofs your business risk management systems.
- Streamlining operations — Proper qualification focuses not just on quality assurance, but also business acumen and operations. By consolidating the training process into one certification, you will be able to streamline the way your company goes about its business.
- Maximises internal employee communication — At GCC, all businesses are taught to understand and respect several core principles, like transparency, responsibility, professionalism and competence. These are the pillars to a friendly and productive working environment. Adherence to these guidelines will ensure that employees of all levels will feel comfortable voicing their concerns and sharing ways in which the company can grow.
- Reduces on-boarding time — ISO 9001 certification clearly addresses the onboarding of new employees. By having a single standard in place, you’ll be able to efficiently train and incorporate new employees into your organisation.
Global Compliance Certification (GCC)
If you’ve been wondering how to get ISO 9001 certification, GCC has the solution for you. For more information on how you can get all forms of ISO accreditation, get in touch with GCC today and speak to a professional member of our team — we are dedicated to helping your organisation maximise efficiency.